Sunday, July 1, 2012

Review - A Want So Wicked by Suzanne Young

This review is for A Want So Wicked by Suzanne Young, it is the sequel to A Need So Beautiful, so if for some crazy reason you haven't read A Need So Beautiful go and read it! Then read my review of A Want So Wicked.
First off, let me tell you that there are only two books in this series. In the first book we met Charlotte and sexy, charming Harlin (can be found wearing tight white tees, leather jackets and riding a Harley). Last year, when Mary and I started the blog, this was one of our first reads. We loved it and gave it five stars. I remember reading it like it was yesterday, on a Friday night, I was sitting on the couch in my living room and I don't remember getting up. I read it in one sitting and I cried, a lot. Like, uncontrollable sobbing, I had to  turn away I was crying so much...but it was a good cry, it was like listening to an Adele song and feeling everything.

Elise wakes up and has glimpses of someone's past. She use to live in Colorado with her dad, Lucy, her sister and her mom who passed away. Lucy has found herself getting into "trouble" and when one situation involves the police, their father, a pastor decides to move the entire family to Thistle, Arizona, to start over.

The move takes place during summer vacation and Elise decides to get a job at a local Mexican restaurant which her family frequents. At her new job, she befriends this really cute guy, Abe who just graduated from her rival school, well the school that she'll be attending in the fall. And he basically tries to woo her and helps her out of some sticky situations. And then, Elise meets another young man..the one we've all been waiting for, the incredibly hot and sensitive, Harlin.

A Want So Wicked flowed incredibly well, I couldn't stop reading. Young described everything and everyone perfectly. There are some especially thrilling moments when I was startled, when you read it, you'll know.  Young also answers and provides closure to what happens in A Need So Beautiful. My heart swelled and as much as I was sad to have the series end, I thought it was incredible. I only wish that the series was longer, I could use a few more books starring Harlin.

Review by Jenn Valencia - 5 Out of 5 Stars

I've had the pleasure of meeting Young twice, once at Once Upon a Bookstore, Summer 2011 and again in Fall 2011 at the Las Vegas Valley Book Festival.

If you live in Tempe, Arizona, Young will be at Changing Hands Bookstore on Thursday, July 12 at 7 PM. 



Author: Suzanne Young - follow her on Twitter.
Publisher: Balzer + Bray (An Imprint of HarperCollins)
Release Date: July 26, 2012
Series: Yes, Two of Two
Genre: Fantasy/Contemporary
Pages: 288

Purchase: A Want So Wicked

Her new book series called The Program will be released in April 2013 by Simon Pulse.





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great review! I really want to start this series. It sounds really good. I especially can't wait to read The Program. It sounds like something that I'd really like. :)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!